Sunday, November 25, 2007

Step as lightly as a feather let yourself go

I don't think Irving Berlin realizes it, but when I see people I once knew who have let themselves go, they definitely do not step as lightly as a feather. No, in fact, their double chin reverberates with every earthquake-causing step they take, while their fake velour (felour?) Wal-Mart sweatsuit clings to the folds of their folds.

I feel like as soon as there is a ring on the finger, too many people stop caring about their personal apperance. Not that I am one to get all fancied-up all the time, but if I was ever 'large and so not in charge,' I would want to be told so I could step on the treadmill and do something about it.

This is basically the reason I am on Facebook and MySpace -- so I can look up everyone I knew in high school and see their photos and what they are now doing (or not doing, in some cases).
In fact, their presence on these sites is so prevalent that it changed my mind about going to my high school reunion. There are certain events people do not wish to relive, and for me that would be ages 7-18.

1 comment:

College Groupie said...

Ah high school, a mirage of a social oasis. Nothing is as it appears and certainly everything changes upon graduation.