Sunday, February 10, 2008

TV is back! TV is back!

Well, not quite yet. But the Writers' Strike looks to be over, so (very) slowly there might be some new writing on the television.
First impacted will be Conan/Daily Show/those shows, then SNL, and then the other comedies/dramas, but since production can take 2-4 months, we might not see new shows until April. Just in time for sweeps in May? A quick 5-episode count to wrap up various seasons?

I think both the studios and writers lost. People realized they have so many more alternatives now than they did during the strike of '88. You know who won? The Internet. iTunes. Netflix. DVR companies.
My Netflix usage tripled during the strike, and I'm still finding more shows and movies to add to my queue. Why bother finding new shows to watch when there are so many old ones to catch up on? The Rock and Roll Grammarian (who I would link to but I don't feel like typing the html, see link on right) introduced me to the wonder that is Battlestar Galactica, and I love it! It appeals so much to my inner/outer geek!

Speaking of geek, I am getting press access for NY Toy Fair AND NY Comic Con!!! It's a dream come true for any 14 year old/me!!

No comments: