Sunday, July 6, 2008

I have been a bad person

And not updated this frequently enough. All apologies.

I think I need to ween myself off of my coupled friends. Since this pretty much means most of my friends, it might take a while. Not that they are boring, but they tend to not be as fun as my single friends (this is true in tv reality as well as regular reality). Just look at that 'How I Met Your Mother' episode when Lily and Marshall are in their pajamas at like 11 and don't want to go out because they are tired and would have to change.
It's kind of like that. So less couples and more singles, please.

That doesn't mean I won't be friends with my friends that are couples. It just means I am going to avoid them more, I think. I mean one of them is on a cruise now!!! Who goes on a cruise other than anyone over 50?
Exactly.



I had a girl over a few weeks ago and one thing led to another etc. etc. Afterwards she asked me to help her tie the ribbon on the back of her dress into a bowtie. I said I didn't know how to make a bowtie, but I could do a shoelace. She told me I better learn to do it in case I ever have daughters. When I said 'Never!' she was like 'you're never having children?' and I said 'no' and this caused a great deal of drama, including her running out my door saying she never would have come over if she had known that.
After I calmed her down and whatnot she told me all I have in my life is my job and she feels bad for me. Then she left and IM'ed me two days later to go on another date. I said no.
How do I always find the crazies?


My friend Kristen discovered this magical world called 'Beer Island.' It is kind of like the Candy Land game has come to life, except instead of candy there is beer and instead of a board game it is all sand and instead of moving your piece you sit and drink.
Oh and did I mention there is a BBQ Island on Beer Island? Yea, it is just that mystical. We were there Friday and I can't wait to go back again one day.


I am seeing Brian Wilson this week!!! I've been a Beach Boys fan since I was 5 (when my dad had this mixtape with all their songs on it and I'd play it all the time in the car and sing along), so this is a pretty big deal for me. 20 years in the making, if you will. Can. Not. Wait.


I've been keeping to myself more than usual this summer. I think I need to end that. I'll make that part of the 'no more coupled friends' rule. Not that I am getting rid of my coupled friends - I just don't feel like pulling teeth to get them to come out, which is what it feels like sometimes.



No comments: